Friday 1 July 2011

I lost my heart to a starship trooper.

This music video by hot gossip is in my opinion massively underrated. Yes it's cheesy, Yes the extremely repetitive chorus is a tad annoying and Yes it brutally smacks together sci-fi characters in a way that can only be described as unholy. I mean seriously, when has it ever been acceptable to use Darth Vader and Flash Gordon in the same sentence? However, there is something about this video that makes me feel all tingly and excited. Maybe its the way that the overly dramatic intro quickly switches to a shot of synchronised disco dancing, or maybe its the over use of glitter, smoke and all round cheese, either way I couldn't imagine my life without it. Oh, and also: in what bizarre universe/ timeline/ dream would Darth Vader be banished to Mars?

No comments:

Post a Comment